Next week, I will be away with the family on a GEN-YOU-WINE vacation. As in, my little family of four off on its own at a vacation spot, relaxing.
The last thing I want to do is fall victim to the old “failing to plan is planning to fail.”
Here’s my plan:
1. Stick to packets for 5 meals and enjoy dinner. That means you gotta think through what you need and pack up both the food and the containers/mixers. We will have a kitchen, so that makes things much simpler!
2. Do NOT enjoy carbs with your dinner, even if everyone else is having some. It will not be worth it.
3. Save all your extra calories for a glass of wine at night. And if you don’t save them up? NO WINE.
4. The fact that the kiddos and DH will be eating two meals a day that you are not going to touch can work to your advantage: I’m going to share this plan with DH and ask him to let me stay out (or in, as the case may be) while he and our other co-vacationers handle their food.
5. This is a great opportunity to exercise in fun ways, with the kiddos–USE IT!
What other vacation tips do you have for me?