So I’m 13 days on plan today, and I am UP 12 lbs.* Impressive, no?
I wish I could say something like I have been cheating. I have not been super strict on my L&G portions, but I am baffled as to why I would go the WRONG direction instead of at least maintaining.
Needless to say, I have to figure this out.
Here’s my plan:
- 100% plan perfection with Noms.
- 100% plan perfection with Lean & Green.
- Avoid sodium like the plague.
- Avoid alcohol like the plague.
- Start new vitamins that are supposed to help metabolism (did this Saturday, was rewarded with going UP FOUR POUNDS on Sunday and holding on to them today).
- Chug the water (been terrible about this since break).
- Start kettle bell work outs with DH.**
ETA: Looking at this list, I can tell you where my problem lies: it’s No. 2. I have been more than just “not super strict,” I have eaten quasi-on plan but not counted carbs or calories (or portion size, or paid any attention to salt or cheese, which always makes me puff up like a balloon).
And if I am brutally honest (but ugh, who wants that?) I am using that last meal to comfort myself from being hungry all day.
That is no way to eat. Well, not and lose.
In fact, thinking about it, I used to do this a LOT: “I’ll eat not super strict at meals until I get through the worst of the back on plan” was my mantra for the first three or four attempts at Noms.
Didn’t work then;, shockingly, not working now.
OK campers. Off to review the Noms website for the actual ROOLS for lean and green.
And then follow them.
*OK, some of that is water, I am SURE of it. Held over from a sushi/sashimi night on Saturday with soy sauce and some rice, after a day of NO water. And it could also be hormones. But still. GEEZ!
**DH finished night school! Hurrah!!!! And he submitted his paper last night and ON HIS OWN texted me this morning with something like “up for learning some kettle bell tonight?” so this is happening. Yay!