So, I went on a Holiday Rampage.
Well, it wasn’t quite like that.
But I did give myself permission to eat whatever for the week of Christmas and before Jan 2 (first day back in office). A few observations:
- Eating carbs makes me feel like pure dee ole shite. Sorry for the language, but there is no other word for it. I could eat eggs, bacon and coffee and feel great (if a bit too full) but add a slice of toast and I feel like PDOS.
- I can gain an astounding amount of (water???) weight with barely any extra carbs. And it takes me a lot longer to shed it than anyone I know, including friends who are supposedly carb sensitive. (
Glaringlooking at you, Chele). Of course, I am a decade older than That Friend, so we’ll see how she does in her forties, bwahahaha! (Just kidding. I would not wish this on anyone.)
- Recreational eating wasn’t that much fun anymore.
- The first bite or two (or maaaaaybe 3) were the best. The rest, meh.
- Even when I COULD eat more than I wanted, I typically didn’t want it that much.
- I was actually looking forward to getting back on track. And I am enjoying it!