Despite the tenor of my post-vacay posts, I have to say that I have a lot I am happy about right now, and a lot of it has to do with my clothes. In no particular order…
- I can now wear “normal” clothes from Target and WalMart – their biggest size is even a bit loose on me. Not that I want to build my wardrobe out of Tar-zhay, but it is really, really cool to be “normal” enough to buy from the big discount chains.
- I’m in a 22 pant, pretty solid. That’s fat clothes, but… well, it’s NORMAL fat clothes. I can buy 22s virtually anywhere and they will fit or (depending on source) be a bit big or small. I have not been in a 22 pant since before my first little Tax Deduction was born in 2005, so this is HUGE. Or rather, not as huge.
- I’ve lost enough size that I can actually tell a difference in the time it takes to do laundry, especially dry times. Scary to think I have lost THAT much fabric!
- I’m wearing Old Navy clothes now – and the shirts are even XLs (16-18) XXLs (18-20). I have a skirt from ON that is a 3X and it is TOO BIG. Wednesday, I ordered some more shirts and a couple skirts to beef up my back to school fall wardrobe (and prepare for that upcoming Disney vacation). Hard to explain, but being able to wear ON is a lot to me like being able to buy in Target – feels so weirdly, blessedly normal.
- My shoes are a whole different thing: I can wear my cute sandals and stuff on normal (not heavy walking) days and my feet and knees don’t hate me!
- My hourglass shape is back. Too big, yes, but BACK. 🙂
- When I was visiting my MIL, we went to a ton of thrift stores looking at kid clothes. And guess what? I got a new (to me) three quarter sleeve shirt that fits nicely. And as I looked at all the super cheap clothes, I could see just how easy it will be to have a fun, cheap play clothes wardrobe next summer.
I figure I have another two months or so of hot weather here before I need my sweaters. Here’s to getting into those (to me) itty bitty Ls and Ms I bought on sale at Kohls a while back! 🙂