I still don’t know what (if anything) I will do to memorialize 50 lbs down. But last night, DH was home weirdly early from school and I had a rare and unique opportunity: time available to go out before stores closed but after work, plus Kohl’s cash.
I came home just floating! As you may know, Kohl’s has most of its old winter stuff on sale by as much as 90%. First, because I got:
(1) an open weave, short sleeved sweater (which I am wearing right now as a jacket) for $21 (that’s the most I paid for anything) and IT IS A LARGE. Not a plus large, people, a SIZE L from the NORMAL clothes section!
(2) a super cuddly cream sweater vest (long) with built in scarf for $6 in M/L (that’s what it says – M/L)
(3) a pretty cream crew neck sweater for $13 – size MEDIUM and it is a little tight on the girls at the moment but will be FINE by the time it is cold enough to wear it
(4) a peach colored tank with cream lace for $4 (regular XL – need it to go over the girls now before it gets cold, ha!)
(5) a petite size L long cardigan in pale blue, cream and yellow mottled knit for $7
(6) a cute tailored jacket in vintage-inspired pale yellow with cabbage roses for $11 in a juniors size L (tight on the arms at the moment, but very doable soon!!)
But the real thrill was this:
I also found out that the woman’s sizes 1x were pretty much all too big for me and that I can wear an XL in regular sizes in dresses and tops!!
This is FANTASTIC news!!
With my baby belly roll and substantial rear view, I am still in plus size pants for a while. But this is absolute proof that I am moving toward a normal physique and I am THRILLED.
The day I am done with plus size for good, I think I will throw a party. 🙂