Best things about this trip, in no particular order:
1. I felt good. The whole time, really – drove in, walked around the downtown, had dinner, toted luggage, walked to Gov’t meeting, walked to lunch – never out of breath or panting, and although my feet were tired at the end of the day, I still really FELT GOOD.
2. Suit was too big, like REALLY too big, but even so, I looked really good. 🙂 Comparatively speaking, of course. And since the meeting included video chat, I had to stare at myself the entire meeting. I’m not there yet, but my face is a LOT slimmer, my waist is definitely back, and I wasn’t the sweating, panting, hot mess I have been before by a long shot.
3. I got flirted with again – rather a lot, actually. Now, mind you, I have zero interest in ongoing flirtations, and I dont mean antyhing creepy or icky, but I got that extra “look” you get from men when you are attractive – just a noticing sort of look. This is part of my history of getting freaked out (and one reason I used to need to be fat) so more on that some other time. For purposes of this post, suffice to say, I know I look better because of the way men are treating me. And yes, I am sure that it is in part because I FEEL like I look better, and smile more, etc. But let’s not kid ourselves – that ain’t all of it. And even though I am a bit conflicted about this, it was still nice affirmation.
4. I was 100% on plan the entire trip. Even got in my water. I was not even TEMPTED to order off plan at the fancy post meeting lunch – had a lovely ahi tuna salad, dressing on the side, no wontons – and felt like a slim, pretty woman ordering a lovely light lunch. (I know that at 288 – yes, down another pound! – I am not “slim” – but I felt that way!)
5. I am really pleasantly suprised that things are SO MUCH BETTER at only 37 lbs down, out of the 175 or so that I am losing. I knew it wouldn’t be “everything the same and then suddenly slim” but still, I don’t think I expected it to be this much better this fast. Can’t wait to see the view from fifty down!