I am very excited about this weekend. Why, you ask? (At least, in my head that is what you are asking.) Well, I shall tell you:
- Tonight I am going on a grown up dress up date with my DH. That’s enough reason for teh happys right there!
- The dress up date is the every-other-year semiformal event connected with an organization we are part of, and the last time I went, I was MISERABLE – stuffed into a 26/28 black stretchy skirt with a giant fat lady overblouse. My face looked quite nice (for being so fat) and my hair looked nice, but overall, I was mortified that I could not “clean up” pretty anymore.
- This year, I am going in a NEW size 18 dress in royal purple 🙂 with sparkly shoes! And pretty jewelry! And even (shh!) a new pretty bra in black and pink! /blush
- For once, work is not interfering – I am going to leave early (in just a few minutes!) to go get dressed up.
- We are going to dinner first (even though they are serving food at this shindig) so that (a) I can get good mileage out of the having a sitter/getting dressed up, and (b) I will not be tempted by whatever carb hell they serve up.
- Did I mention – NEW DRESS! SPARKLY SHOES!
- Tomorrow, movie screening with kiddos to celebrate 30 lbs down!
- Teaching class on Sunday! Yay!
- Only one more week until spring break for the kiddos, at which point DH and I will be briefly childless while they play with my family for a week. Everyone wins. 😉
- And the week after that, my beloved inlaws will be in town and get to see my progress!
- And the weekend of THAT week, ANOTHER formal event – this time, full on formal black tie – and I am SRSLY geeked thinking I may be in an EVEN SMALLER dress by then! 🙂
Have a great weekend, y’all!